Sunday, June 7, 2009

AOPA BLOG - "Reporting Points"



I will occasionally add a new link to my sidebar and today I wanted to feature a blog post to the AOPA Reporting Points. The particular post is titled Members Everywhere and is a very special read about EAA's Young Eagles Program and AOPA's LetsGoFlying program involving a Southwest Airline pilot interested in taking more kids for rides.

I was with a United Airlines Captain yesterday who flies out of Dulles International mostly European destinations and we were talking about how I wish I could have been at our Young Eagles event rather than photographing the wedding. He was very interested in hearing of these programs and shared with me his first inspiration to be a pilot. Our EAA 309 Young Eagles program Chairman Hal Schwab reported today that our chapter pilots flew 56 Young Eagles!!